Motorsport is one of the pillars of Eurosport's programming. For the Easter weekend we put on air the World Touring Car Championship, the Circuit of Ireland round of the European Rally Championship, and the World Endurance Championship from Silverstone.
After the second round of the WTCC at Paul Ricard, we have a better view of the TC1 regulations that were introduced this year. I was convinced that the opening Marrakech round did not reflect reality, and the layout of that circuit accentuated the differences between cars with a strong engine and those with a slight deficiency in power.
On a proper circuit, like Paul Ricard, the gap we saw between Citroen and the opposition was a bit lower than in Marrakech, and I think it should reduce over the next events.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.