There's rarely a golden bullet in Formula 1. Recent weeks have been dominated by talk of what might be the single factor that's helped Mercedes produce such a dominant car this season.
A fair amount of fuss has been made of the fact that the compressor on the Mercedes turbocharger is at the opposite end of the engine to the turbine. Could that be it?
There have also been suggestions that Mercedes hit the ground running because it has invested heavily in a state-of-the-art, full-car rig set-up at its Brackley base.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.