With the early races out of the way, Formula 1 teams are now starting to introduce more performance parts, aided by the two-day test that followed the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Due to Shanghai being so demanding aerodynamically, with its long straight and the abundance of corners, this is a good track to trial updates even though it will be at next month's Spanish GP that we see the big upgrade packages introduced.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.