The negative noise being generated about the Formula 1 spectacle almost got to the point of drowning out the cars last weekend.
So if there was ever a time for the racing to answer back and get its voice heard, it was now.
Bahrain 2014 wasn't just one of the best grands prix of recent times, it also served as evidence that the new turbo regulations not only can work, they do work.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.