Anyone who thinks Formula 1 is boring after the Bahrain Grand Prix has their head inserted in a very deep and very dark hole. I have been around this sport for a long time and I can't remember a race that had so much genuine action-packed racing throughout the field.
It wasn't just about artificial DRS passes. It was about overtaking manoeuvres based on pressure-driven mistakes with side-by-side racing that, in some cases, went on for corner after corner. It was Formula 1 at its best.
Even the setting made it special, with Bahrain running a night race to celebrate its 10th anniversary on the F1 calendar. So compliments to the track and to Bernie Ecclestone for pushing this through as it looked fantastic. More races like this please, because they really add to the spectacle.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.