With Mercedes a second clear at the top of the Friday timesheets, and looking strong on long-run pace, the question is: who will be best of the rest?
Red Bull? McLaren? Ferrari? Well, based on what we saw during Friday practice, it seems that Force India is well placed to fight at the front of that group on race pace.
The Silverstone-based squad was nowhere on headline laptimes, as neither Nico Hulkenberg nor Sergio Perez hooked up a strong qualifying simulation lap on their first run on soft tyres. This left it well down the order.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.