One of the hardest personal challenges of being successful in any industry is managing expectations, and sports men and women are no different.
The modern world we live in demands results; it's all about the now. As a racing driver you have one goal and that is to be fast. Managing this appetite for success and the potential scrutiny is tough. It requires a realistic and honest approach.
Motorsport is different to most other sporting environments. In fact, it's more like Motor Business than motorsport.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.