What a shame for Daniel Ricciardo that a truly sensational home-race podium finish will now, thanks to a row over fuel-flow rates, be decided in the court rooms of Paris.
And I'm miffed for all the boys and girls at Red Bull, who, after the crisis of pre-season Formula 1 testing at Jerez and in Bahrain, saw their brilliant efforts allow them to become Mercedes' main threat in Melbourne only for it all to end in disappointment.
There was a real feel-good factor about what the Australian and Red Bull did to get back in the game; Ricciardo's disqualification was a sad way to end what had been a great weekend for the sport.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.