The veils of secrecy of pre-season testing have finally been lifted during the opening grand prix weekend of the 2014 Formula 1 season, meaning this is the first time we have been able to get a good look at the cars without bodywork.
The developments glimpsed this weekend are a mix of new and those that have not been spotted before. But most teams have played relatively safe with their aero parts and opted to run their Bahrain test specifications, allowing them to focus on coping with the complexities of the new power units.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.