Formula 1's overriding winter focus has been on developing the complex new technology demanded by the sport's new-for-2014 regulations, and matters have been no less busy behind the scenes.
Numerous changes - some predictable, others rather surprising - were made at all levels, with the majority of developments having the power or potential to profoundly shake up the order of the sport.
Indeed, seldom has F1 experienced a winter hit by such strong winds of change, with virtually every entity - whether governing body, commercial rights holder or team - being affected in some shape or form.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.