Last year, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg ended the season separated by just 18 points. That's less than a point's difference on average per grand prix between the old karting team-mates in their first season together at Mercedes.
The pair head into the 2014 as favourites for the world championship, so how do you choose between them?
The contrast between the artist and the artisan has long been drawn between grand prix drivers.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.