Let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time an argument had got out of hand over a bottle of beer...
But surely this most astonishing of World Rally Championship stories wouldn't be spoiled at the last, would it? Thankfully not. Hyundai got its maiden podium finish in the WRC and Thierry Neuville got to mix champagne with the last drop of Corona his i20 WRC hadn't swallowed on the way home.
Last week's Rally Mexico was one of the most dramatic WRC rounds in a long time. The high-altitude stages rocked the teams and rolled the cars; none of the manufacturers escaped untouched by the championship's first trip to the dirt.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.