If pre-season testing is anything to go by, the new Formula 1 rules for 2014 look like providing a shake up of the previous order, at least initially.
The best outfits usually remain at or near the top, but major upheavals do provide the opportunity to break the dominance of a team, shifting the pendulum to a new position.
But how often does that actually happen? We decided to look at the impact of 10 of the most significant rules revisions in world championship history to find out.
Backwards to go forwards - 1952
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.