While the eyes of Formula 1 fans across the world were on the final four-day test in Bahrain, a number of discussions were held in Paris and South East London. These will undoubtedly impact on F1's short-, medium- and long-term futures.
Taken in isolation, none has the power to radically rock the sport; collectively, though, they have the potential to profoundly affect not only the upcoming season, but also the sport's future well-being.
However, in true F1 fashion, the various proceedings also included cloak-and-dagger elements. Thus, as always caution is due before conclusions are drawn.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.