The chequered flag has finally dropped on what has been the strangest pre-season testing that I think I've ever seen.
When the team that has won, and more or less dominated, both the drivers' and constructors' championships for the past four years can screw up as it has, it just goes to show how luck still plays a big part in Formula 1.
In addition, its engine supplier during those years of plenty has had a horrible winter test programme. Nothing has gone right for Renault, which is definitely well behind rivals Mercedes and Ferrari.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.