The security around Mortefontaine, north of Paris, was extremely tight. A box trailer held all the secrets, and only the very privileged few would be getting a look inside.
A couple of weeks later, the world was allowed to watch as Peugeot unveiled the full range of 205 road cars. Just down the road from the Paris Motor Show, outside Peugeot's headquarters, Roland Peugeot, Jean Boillot and Jean Todt laid out plans for another 205.
This is the one we're interested in.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.