"Right now, it's impossible to have any expectations."
What else could Sebastian Vettel say? This was his verdict after Saturday's catastrophically shortlived running in Bahrain, but even after a final day during which he completed a Red Bull pre-season record 77 laps it still stands.
We still don't really know what the ultimate potential of the Red Bull RB10 is. We still don't know what the ultimate potential of the Renault Energy-F1 power unit is. We still don't know what compromises will have to be made to a machine that looks aerodynamically very strong to ensure its problems are minimised.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.