Kimi Raikkonen has never been a man for hyberbole.
While Mercedes takes the plaudits and Renault fends off the brickbats, his Ferrari team has quietly and unobtrusively gone about its business. Ultimately, that's what testing is all about.
But with the car's fastest lap in five days of testing in Bahrain 3.233s off the fastest time, there are question marks over just how things are shaping up for the Scuderia. Not that Raikkonen is letting anything slip in public.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.