Does it matter what Formula 1 cars look like?
The short answer is yes; they are supposed to represent the pinnacle of contemporary engineering creativity and excellence. F1 is a worldwide entertainment industry and a shop window for wealthy and high-profile multinational companies to bring their products or services to the attention of millions.
It is an enterprise that prides itself on being an attractive show. Unattractive cars undermine the entire F1 brand.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.