Last week's Bahrain Formula 1 test remained focused on understanding the new power units as teams try to resolve ongoing issues, and mapping the aero set-up of the original launch-specification cars.
But amid the painstaking work, there were some eye-catching new developments as some of the hidden details of the cars started to emerge.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.