The first public appearance of the Lotus E22 was a long time coming.
An initial rendering - which revealed the 'twin-tusk' nose - was revealed within moments of the McLaren launch nearly a month ago, and a few spy shots were issued from last week's Jerez 'filming' day, but it was not until the first day of the Bahrain test that the car made its true debut.
This delay proved to be worthwhile as the 22nd car from Enstone is a unique proposition, not least with its double-pronged nose. Other details around the sidepods and its asymmetric exhaust layout mark it out as departure from other teams' designs.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.