Often accused of being set in its ways, NASCAR kicks off its 2014 Sprint Cup season, as ever, with this weekend's Daytona 500 - the jewel in the US stock car racing series' crown.
It's the first of 36 rounds across North America - from high-banked superspeedways to twisty road courses via short tracks and 1.5-mile 'cookie cutters' - but there have been plenty of changes in the off-season to talk about going into this weekend's all-important series opener.
Dillon has put the #3 back on Daytona pole © LAT
THE RETURN OF THE #3
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.