Few drivers have as impressive a junior CV as Caterham's Robin Frijns.
After taking the 2010 Formula BMW Europe title, he won both the highly competitive Formula Renault Eurocup and Formula Renault 3.5 crowns as a rookie. He even managed a GP2 victory in a part-campaign with a brand new team last year.
On the way he has beaten Jules Bianchi, Daniil Kvyat and Kevin Magnussen, all of whom will line up on the Melbourne grid next month. Of recent F1 graduates, arguably only Nico Hulkenberg achieved more on his way up and yet Frijns is still waiting for his first F1 race chance.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.