So after months of anticipation and waiting, 10 of the 11 Formula 1 teams finally laid their cards out on the table at Jerez.
The build-up to that first test of the year is a frantic time inside most teams. It's all about just getting the car into one piece and getting it to the circuit.
It's hard work for all involved and the fact that Lotus opted out, Marussia turned up late and some teams didn't even leave the garage on day one, shows how difficult it can be.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.