Louder isn't always better. That's a fitting phrase for Formula 1 right now, after we caught a first glimpse of the new turbo revolution that looks all set to deliver a tantalising season.
We may all lament the demise of the V8s, just as we mourn how F1 used to sound with the screaming V10s and V12s, but life has to move on. Steam trains sound way cooler than today's electric models, but we just can't live in the past.
And in its latest iteration, with the 1.6-litre turbos, F1 certainly doesn't disappoint.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.