YES - SAYS HENRY HOPE-FROST, SUB-EDITOR
Any doubts you might have had over whether the new crop of Formula 1 cars is the most - let me start as politely as I can - 'visually unappealing' in the history of the sport can be dispelled with a quick glance at Twitter and Facebook.
The social-media sites that assuage our thirst for instant news/gossip/scandal have been rife with mickey-taking and comedy comparisons. I've noticed anteaters, Proboscis monkeys, Beluga whales, aardvarks and platypuses getting all sorts of negative press as each machine broke cover.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.