Everyone at Mercedes has cause to feel very happy with life after the first 2014 Formula 1 test at Jerez.
For what it's worth, the four fastest drivers (Kevin Magnussen, Felipe Massa, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button) over the four days all used Mercedes engines but more significant was the mileage logged.
Mercedes engines completed 3874kms, almost twice as much as Ferrari, while the works Mercedes covered 1368km alone, 257km more than any other team's running amounted to. With this year's major regulation change, mileage was always going to be critical at Jerez.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.