There are no clear winners in testing, no podium to stand on or tens of thousands of spectators to acclaim (or boo) you in victory.
But with the 2014 Formula 1 season already four days old, some are in better shape than others as the form book starts to be drafted.
There are certainly clear losers. It would be foolish to award the wooden spoon for Jerez 2014 to anyone other than Red Bull with a paltry 21 laps completed over four days before packing up early on Friday. To nobody's great surprise, Daniel Ricciardo managed just seven stuttering laps today before F1's dominant force of the past four years headed home.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.