The much-anticipated Red Bull RB10 was given the briefest of unveilings at Jerez on Tuesday morning and, at first sight, the car follows surprisingly sleek but conventional lines with only the alternative nose concept catching the eye.
But all of this belies the extent of the changes Adrian Newey has made under the skin with the RB10.
Much of the talk surrounding the car was its nose design, which Newey describes as a "keel" nose. The mandatory low tip is formed by a pod fitted below a conventional upper nose. The pod is streamlined and truncated under the nose.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.