Back in 1991, musician/composer Frank Zappa released a live double album documenting what would prove to be his final tour; a tour he abandoned early due to personality conflicts within the crack 11-piece ensemble that he'd taken on the road with him. The album's title? The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life.
There's nothing to suggest a mid-season disbandment of IndyCar is on the horizon, but the prospect of a great show that nobody sees looms as large as ever.
The series' TV ratings continue to decline year on year, although new spearhead Mark Miles does have a plan to try to arrest the slide. It's not universally popular, as Mario Andretti will tell you, but more on that later.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.