Would he have been world champion? That's difficult to say. Was he good enough to be? That's much easier: most would agree he was.
Robert Kubica could be forgiven for being a tad bitter about the way his career has gone, but he isn't. That's not his way.
Inevitably the Pole was ranked high up AUTOSPORT's list of the 25 best drivers who never won the F1 title.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.