Were the Monte Carlo Rally a member of the royal family, it would be Prince Philip.
Oops. At a stroke, I fear I may have offended the great and the even greater of the Automobile club de Monaco.
I'll start again. Being royalty, the Monte Carlo Rally is just like the Duke of Edinburgh.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.