This started back in 2006. It was my first full year as editor of AUTOSPORT and prior to the start of the season I'd come up with a series of high-concept ideas that could be used on the cover on those weeks where there hadn't been a Formula 1 race and news was thin on the ground.
One of these was "Why motorsport must go green" (subsequently altered to F1 by the powers-that-be).
Following its publication, one prominent F1 team boss of the day kindly took the time out of his busy day to ring me up to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.