Just as a successful Formula 1 car is all about the 'package', so too a successful racing driver is the sum of all his characteristics.
To win at the very top it is not enough to just rely on natural talent, to just work hard or to put in place those things off the track that can help your team make you quicker on it. You need it all.
That was why it was fascinating, after a year when Fernando Alonso and Ferrari went through what can best be described as a 'shaky' period in their relationship, that the company's president Luca di Montezemolo marvelled at some specific aspects of world champion Sebastian Vettel's make up.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.