Sebastian Vettel could have done a star turn in British theatres this Christmas period as Formula 1's best Pantomime Villain.
After a year of supreme brilliance behind the wheel - with so little to fault - it became in vogue this season to talk down the four-time champion.
It was an easy stance to adopt.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.