Sebastian Vettel is a man who appreciates Formula 1 statistics - and he broke or matched plenty of single-season records as he dominated 2013, with his 13 wins in a year equalling Michael Schumacher's benchmark and his nine-race winning streak a new target for future racers.
Schumacher holds most of F1's major success records thanks to his extraordinary achievements with Ferrari in the first half of the 2000s, but he already expects Vettel to be the man to snatch them from him.
Vettel has time on his side too - he was on the grand prix grid aged just 19, and in a championship-calibre car at 22. For Schumacher, those particular opportunities did not come until he was 22 and 25 respectively.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.