Competing in my first Formula Ford Festival was a humbling experience.
It was an absolute coup for organisers to return the Festival to its Kent-engined roots (giving the 1950s-developed engine top billing for the first time since 1992) and many said it was the most competitive edition in years.
The entry didn't top 50 cars, but the quality was outstanding.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.