Australian GP, Adelaide, November 3 1991
Some of the best days that I look back on were in Italian Formula 3, which I won in 1989, and also my win in the European Cup [at Misano].
That led to me being signed to a three-year contract by Ferrari to be its test driver,
so I got to work with Alain Prost and Nigel Mansell, which was like a dream for a young driver. Prost was my idol! Then one day I got to replace him at Ferrari...
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.