10th Valtteri Bottas
Bottas had terrible tools with which to work in his rookie year, yet he quietly just got on and maximised what he had, waiting for the opportunity of something better to present itself. When that something came - a wet qualifying session at Montreal - he was stunning.
To those who have worked closely with him, his third fastest time in Canada came as no surprise. "He reminds me a lot of Mika Hakkinen," says one who used to work with the double champion. "He has that same intensity, the self-belief and the talent. He is going to be huge."
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.