Many motorsporting adventures begin as father-and-son bonding exercises, but rarely do they lead to a British Touring Car Championship title. That Andrew Jordan and his father Mike have achieved just that is a fairytale result for the Midlanders and their family-run Eurotech team.
That squad can trace its origins to ex-Formula Ford racer Mike's impulsive purchase of a 1972 Porsche 911E, which he used to win the 1987 Porsche Cup. Little could he have known that, a quarter of a century later, it would ultimately lead to his son claiming one of the biggest prizes in British motorsport.
"I raced Formula Ford for a season, but gave up because I blew an engine and couldn't afford to carry on," recalls Jordan Sr. "I had mates who let me have a go in their classic saloons, but I'd retired really, and had a family on the way.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.