Well, what can I say... another Formula 1 season done and dusted. Unbelievably, that's my 15th in a row and unless my lucky numbers come up in the next couple of months, I'll be heading off for number 16 before you can say 1.6 V6T ERS-K with MGU-K and MGU-H.
It's been a long old season, this one. Not simply because of the length of time between the start and finish, but also because by around the Singapore GP back in September, most of the grid had pretty much given up.
There was only going to be one winner. The rest of us were there to pick up the scraps and unless you were one of the top three teams, work on this year's car had ground to a halt to 'concentrate' on 2014.
It was a slightly bizarre set of circumstances, almost as if most of the teams had agreed not to bring any more upgrades, a kind of, "we'll all give up together and then at least it's fair" type situation.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.