Formula 1 has gone time-zone mad during the flyaway late races - from plus eight hours in Japan and South Korea to minus six in Austin, with India and Abu Dhabi somewhere in between.
In Brazil last weekend the time zones veered much more dramatically - from hours to months and years - as the paddock became distracted by events from long in the past and those rapidly appearing on the horizon.
On the one side, there were reflections as the end of an era loomed for many.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.