All we really know from extensive wet running throughout Friday in Brazil is that Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel are very comfortable in their respective Mercedes and Red Bull in such conditions. With a strong possibility of rain on both Saturday and Sunday, this may turn out to be highly relevant.
Rosberg headed both sessions but it was the second that was probably more impressive in that he shaded Vettel when running on the same tyre at the same time. Rosberg's 1m27.3s on intermediates shaded Vettel by a couple of tenths, with both out there for the last half-dozen laps of a track that was improving only slightly.
"I have higher hopes now that perhaps we can give Red Bull a hard time this weekend," said Nico. "We all know that the weather plays always a big role here at Interlagos and can catch you out.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.