As Sebastian Vettel strives to secure an indisputable Formula 1 record of nine consecutive grand prix victories in Brazil this weekend, Fernando Alonso will be trying to avoid extending a less enviable statistical run.
He has taken seven podium finishes at Interlagos without ever winning the race. That's the most podiums at a single track that any driver has achieved without triumphing there.
Alonso has only actually stood on the Brazilian GP podium six times, as in 2003 he was in an ambulance when the trophy ceremony took place. He kept his third place on countback despite being the catalyst for the race-stopping incident after ploughing into the wreckage of Mark Webber's equally massive accident.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.