Jari-Matti Latvala's co-driver Miikka Anttila didn't garner a lot of sympathy at Rally GB's post-event press conference. He hadn't, he complained, seen the physio for a while because he'd been working long days. Hmm...
If Mr Anttila attends this year's FIA awards ceremony, he'd better keep his head down and stay out of the way of President Todt. I don't agree with everything Jean Todt says about rallying, but I'm completely with him on the endurance aspect. And Rally GB was, is, hasn't always been but always should be about endurance. Office hours, for me, have no place in our sport.
And if Anttila thinks his days were long, maybe he should have been out with the boys and girls in the mist and rain in the middle of Gartheiniog, setting the stage up for him and his mates well before the sun even considered showing its face on Saturday morning. That was an early start. And a long day.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.