Red Bull-Renault RB9
Strategy: 1 stop (medium/hard)
The race was, characteristically, a masterclass for F1's donut king, who celebrated his victory in now trademark style. Savvy car positioning ensured he held the lead off the line even though Grosjean's launch was better, and he nailed the early-race safety car restart to ensure he was out of DRS range.
The downside to Vettel's weekend was that his run to pole was not completely emphatic and, unusually, relied on Webber underachieving to the tune of a couple of tenths.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.