KOVALAINEN'S BIG BREAK
Heikki Kovalainen has spent the 2013 season on the sidelines, keeping his hand in with occasional Friday morning outings for Caterham. His perseverance has now paid of as he has been given the Lotus seat vacated by Kimi Raikkonen.
He's certainly a safe pair of hands. His greater F1 experience relative to rookie reserve driver Davide Valsecchi led to him getting the nod and there's no doubt he will be capable of scoring points. But just because he's a grand prix winner doesn't mean it will be easy.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.