Want to know why Sebastian Vettel just keeps on winning, even when he already has enough points to win the constructors' championship single-handedly and a fourth driver's crown is already in the bag?
The answer is simple; he understands how transient, how fleeting success can be no matter how good you are. It is a lesson that is not easily understood - certainly in someone who is still only 26 - but the evidence is there for all to see.
Vettel now has 37 grand prix wins. He is favourite to win the final two races of the season, which would take his tally to 39.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.