You could make a pretty good case for the Porsche 911 being the greatest competition car of all time. Over its first half-century, versions of the iconic German design have been successful in rallying, touring cars, rallycross and endurance racing.
Of course, to cover off some of the model's biggest wins, like the Le Mans 24 Hours, you do have to push the boundaries of what a 911 is.
But Porsche has continually developed the concept, sometimes moved the goalposts within its chosen sphere of competition, and kept engineering themes that have run throughout those 50 years.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.