JUST HOW DOMINANT WAS VETTEL?
Sebastian Vettel's margin over Mark Webber at the finish of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was 30.827 seconds, which makes it the second time the champion has won by half a minute this season, after defeating Fernando Alonso by 32.627s in Singapore.
Winning by such a margin in a dry race is already a major achievement. Doing it twice in a season is very rare, and hasn't happened since Michael Schumacher achieved it three times in 1995, in Spain, Monaco and France. His Benetton team-mate Johnny Herbert was runner-up in the first of those, with title rival Damon Hill the defeated man in the other two events.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.